Happy Thursday! Another week, another packed iOS Goodies issue 😄. As last week, not all the articles could make it into the newsletter. You can read all of them on GitHub.
One article that got my attention this week was Joe Cieplinski’s Say Hello to RECaf. One could see it as a teaser for an app, but I chose to see the quality of Joe’s analysis of a caffeine-tracking app. Those bullet points are some of the best plans for making an app I’ve seen. And I’m very glad he shared them with everyone 😄.
- Running UITests with Facebook login in iOS by @onmyway133
- What’s in your Larder: iOS layout DSLs by @bellebcooper
- Avoid pyramids of doom with PromiseKit by Piotr Sochalewski
- Let’s Talk Architecture, by @a_grebenyuk
- Replicating Spotify’s Now Playing UI using Auto Layout – part 1, part 2, by @soulchildpls
- An iOS alert view with a text field and a “smart” OK button, by @olebegemann
- How to Build Swift Compiler-Based Tool? The Step-by-Step Guide, by @_siejkowski
- Schedule – ⏳ This is what a swift timer should look like, by @jianstm
- knil – Universal Links testing made easy, by @ethanhuang13
- Building a Great Engineering Team: Part Two – Start With Who You Have, by @strickland
- Switching to a Standing Desk, by William Meleyal via @pspdfkit
- Are managers really as horrible as you think?, by @domprice
- Interaction Design: 7 Basic Types of UI Animation, by @MYalanska
- Motion design in digital products: a white paper, by @UX_in_Motion